North Otter Township Section 34
Map Long 39.27 N, Lat 89.51W
"Union Chapel west of town was built in the years of 1876-77. The church grounds were deeded by Sam Hays, having been known as Pleasant Point Camp Ground." from a 1955 History of Girard
|[unreadable], Leah||2m 4d||6 Mar 1879||Born ca 2 Jan 1879 (from age at death).
[last name may be something like Slargle??]
|[no last name], William||[no dates] [next to Linney England
|Sidney.||[no dates] [don't know if Sidney is first name or last name] [possibly Sidney Smith - at one end of a group of Smith markers]||EA|
|[name unreadable].||?||22 Sep 1864||[marker set too deep in concrete]||EA|
Thanks to Eric Adcock for allowing us to use his transcriptions,
which were made when he walked the cemetery in 2001.
Thanks to Linda Kmiecik & Gloria Frazier for contributing many gravestone photos.
Macoupin County ILGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time